Guidelines for Submitting Artwork
1. All artwork should be in vector format, as opposed to raster / bitmap format. We prefer Adobe Illustrator (CS5 or lower). You should be able to get your logos in vector format from the artist who created the artwork; graphics are generally created in vector format before saving to another format. Check with your sponsors.
2. Web graphics are not accepted, as the resolution is too low.
3. Raster/Bitmap files must be 300dpi or higher to be accepted. Saving the JPEG in an Illustrator file will not work.
4. All fonts must be converted to outlines.
5. For color matching, we need pantone numbers for all colors.
6. Files can be emailed in or sent on a CD, DVD, or USB Key.
How to Convert Text to Outline in Illustrator
1. Select the text you want to convert to outline using the black arrow in your toolbar (you also get the black or white arrow when you hold "ctrl" on a PC.)
2. In Illustrator, go to TYPE and choose "Create Outlines" from the drop down menu (shortcut is ctrl + shift + O).
Vector VS. Raster/Bitmap
Vector: The artwork can be broken down into it's individual parts; which can then be edited or colored. Artwork retains it's smooth shape.
Common Vector formats: .ai .cdr .eps .pdf
Raster/Bitmap: The image can only be selected as a whole; cannot be edited or colored. Artwork pixelates and becomes "boxy."
Common Bitmap formats: .bmp .gif .jpg .tif .psd